A Certificate II in Community Services can lead to employment as:
Possible job titles include:
- Support Worker
- Care Service Employee
- Domestic Assistant
- Home Helper
- Personal Care Assistant
This qualification can be undertaken as a Traineeship.
There are no entry requirements to this qualification.
Before enrolling, your proficiency in language, literacy and numeracy will be assessed to determine what level of support you may need to assist you through your study program.
Students require access to a computer with an internet connection.
Please note: Unit CHCVOL001 requires students to complete 20 hours of volunteer work placement.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
Both formal and informal skills, knowledge and experience may be recognised as prior learning and could help you avoid training in areas you are already competent.
The RPL pathway is available to any learner who can provide evidence of competency for the units offered within the qualification. See the RPL Guide (FAQs) for more information on this process and how to apply.
9 units must be completed:
5 core units
4 elective units * Electives subject to change.
- CHCCOM001Provide first point of contact
- CHCCOM005Communicate and work in health or community services
- CHCDIV001Work with diverse people
- HLTWHS001Participate in workplace health and safety
- BSBWOR202Organise and complete daily work activities
- CHCCDE003Work within a community development framework
- CHCVOL001Be an effective volunteer
- CHCDIV002Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety
- BSBWOR201Manage personal stress in the workplace
After More Information?
CHC22015 Certificate II in Community Services