This short course is for people working in care and support roles in the community services sector who wish to develop specific disability support skills.
Gain skills to facilitate the empowerment of people with a disability.
This skill set will prepare you to provide person-centred support to people with a disability in a range of community services and health contexts.
Students may benefit from the Higher Level Skills Program funding available for this course.
2 x 3 hour workshops.
Classroom and online.
4 units must be completed:
– be working in the Community Services and Health Industry in a role involving provision of direct client care or support.
– already hold CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support (or equivalent)
– be a Queensland resident
– be aged 15 years or over, and no longer at school
– be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or Australian permanent resident or a temporary resident with the necessary visa and work permits on the pathway to permanent residency
– not hold, or be enrolled in, a certificate IV level or higher qualification (not including qualifications completed at school and foundations skills training).
Additional student eligibility requirements may be published on
Students require access to a computer with an internet connection.
Both formal and informal skills, knowledge and experience may be recognised as prior learning and could help you avoid training in areas you are already competent.
The RPL pathway is available to any learner who can provide evidence of competency for the units offered within the qualification. See the RPL Guide (FAQs) for more information on this process and how to apply.
We want to make your training experience as easy as possible from start to finish. Everyone has different circumstances and we will work with you to find the best training solution for your situation.
Please fill in your contact details and we will be happy to send you further information and a course application to complete.
We take your privacy very seriously.